Monday, February 2, 2009

Signs of the times...

Signs of the times...

Have you noticed lots of vehicles "for sale" on the roadsides?

I can understand a man selling his Suburban. I can understand him selling his 14 cubic yard tandem dump truck. I can understand him hiring his tractor out.

But his dozer? Times must really rough when a man is backed in to a corner tight enough to force him to sell his dozer. Sad.

I'm not sure if it's a Cat or a Komatsu. I'll check next time I drive by.

P.S. The fog is supposed to connote 'impending doom'...

2 comments:

AlexTangoFuego said...

I've been noticing more and more cars and trucks and campers out in front of homes, ranches really, parked on the front of their land with the ubiquitous 'For Sale' sign in the window.

There is a big honkin' Ford F-250 Crew Cab just around the corner, a Range Rover down the road from there, a Land Rover Discovery in the next little town.

It seems to be mostly luxury vehicles - things they probably splurged on when they shouldn't have.

I'm just thankful I'm living comfortably. I have 'enough'. A roof and a bed and food and clothes and money for gas. People who love me. I have everything I need. I have everything I want.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't drive one of those honkers down here could you. I am dying for a 4x4 but in the land of endless inflation they are still costing US$30.000 second hand!