Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yo La Tango Mini-Fest in Austin! Nov 29-Dec 03

It's not too late to figger out a way to get yer tail here and dance it off...



Teachers are Murat & Michelle Erdemsel and Felipe Martinez & Maria Elena Ybarra...

6 milongas! 7 cool and funky Austin venues! And a bunch of other cool stuff! You know you've been wanting to come check out Austin - now is your chance.

Come see me! I miss y'all...(grin)

On a serious note...Murat & Michelle were one of my early tango influences - even if only in a virtual sense. Here's why:



I honestly don't know a thing about Felipe & Maria...except that he looks strikingly like GOP VP candidate Paul Ryan...(grin)

2 comments:

Malevito said...

Hi Alex, how are you?

Felipe, originally from Spain, has been an esteemed dancer and teacher in the San Francisco Bay Area for some time and we are proud and grateful to have him as a part of our community. Here you have a glimpse of what he can do, but imho his brilliance really comes through when you see him social dancing in the milongas. He is a superb technician with a unique flow and intricate ear for the music.

Good to see you're still following tango :) Have fun at the festival.

AlexTangoFuego said...

Hola Malevito! I am doing well. Thanks for the background on Felipe, I appreciate it. I do still follow some of the "goings on" here and there, and dance once in a while. I'm looking forward to dancing at this one.

Take care...

Alex