Friday, December 13, 2019

Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics - How have former Soviet Union countries developed in economic terms?

I started drilling down with a google search - "u.s. aid to Ukraine detailed line items" - and didn't get very far. That's because I went down the rabbit hole - IMF, SITE, OMB, USAID Explorer, etc. Mostly I'm curious about U.S. foreign aid expenditures in all forms. I'm also curious about the aggregate aid that all countries contribute to all countries. Something the fuckwit Trump might try to avail himself of. The (Sept 2019) $400 million in defense aid to Ukraine (or is it 'the' Ukraine) is a drop in the bucket. Like maybe one water molecule-sized drop in the bucket.

I needed a repository/place to put everything I find, so I decided to use my blog. Repository or maybe more accurately "dumping ground". We watched the comedian Michelle Wolf on Netflix\chill last night. She said blogs are where people have conversations no one wants to listen to. Ha! She's fucking hilarious. But she's right.

Anyway, I'll be using the tag "! World Economics Stuff Dec 2019" for these posts. Here's the link to everything - link here

P.S. Cool video here, although it's hard to read...


https://www.hhs.se/en/research/institutes/site/

No comments: