Sunday, May 15, 2022

PhD Tango Research Project

Hi Argentine Tango Dancers and Instructors,

I am Zixi Li. I have been dancing tango since 2016, mainly trained and supported by inspiring instructors and loving communities in Ann Arbor, Chicago, and Seattle. I have tried to involve in tango through dancing locally and internationally, learning how to DJ, researching tango history, hosting local events, and serving as an officer at multiple university tango clubs. With my full passion for tango and the hope to expand our tango community, I am making an effort to introduce tango to a broader audience through my academic pursuit. I believe that if we don't take our hobby seriously, no one else would. Therefore, as a Ph.D. student in Education at Indiana University, I hope to conduct the tango research as my qualifying exam and wish the findings can benefit tango community in terms of teaching and learning. I am grateful that this research is supported by my dearest colleague and best friend, Carrie Feng. She is also a Ph.D. student in Education and the second researcher on the team. We are supervised by our professor, Dr. Curtis J. Bonk.

It's impossible to conduct this research without your support. To participate and help us understand your tango experience, please follow the steps:

1. Read the information sheet here: https://tinyurl.com/58yx8ucb.
2. Complete the survey (https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4MeQe7sTTdltB2e) that takes less than 10 minutes.
3. If interested in a one-time 45-minute interview, leave your contact at the end of the survey or directly contact Zixi Li at lizixi@iu.edu. The interview will be hosted and recorded (if permitted by you) through the Zoom meeting rooms of the researchers.

We appreciate your help and look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you.

Zixi Li & Carrie Feng
Indiana University at Bloomington


https://www.facebook.com/groups/tangodiscussiongroup/permalink/3217699551841257/


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: