Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love is why people dance tango...

From a thread on an Argentine Tango forum...started today by Stephen up in Dallas...about why people dance tango...

Here's my response...

The music, cuz it's "cool", cuz it's the most difficult dance in the world to learn and master, the social/camaraderie aspects, to look for a mate or just to date...(mate not MA-teh the drink...these items offered by others on the thread...)

All this, of course, and for me, the love of the origins, history, and culture of traditional tango, and the desire to keep it alive...

One more thing, as I look out my window at the flitting birds and swaying grass and ponder this topic... (taking a short break from reviewing contract language...)

I've explored this in my blog ad nauseum...I think there is something special/unique/mystical/energetic about tango that is absent from most/all other dances (and even perhaps life)...that obscure and unknown element that addicts and entrances and obsesses...my 'theory' that tango exists on the energetic thread that binds the universe together...I call it "pure love"...not romantic love...but love as energy...universal love...connecting with another human being in an embrace full of love and respect...

Love is why people dance tango...

No comments: