Thursday, October 25, 2007

Painted Ojos

This is possibly my last photo in the Aspen area. This was a paint horse who was curious about my packing/loading activities. I am two days behind schedule, but then again, I had an artificially imposed departure date that was based on tango events in Austin on Wednesday night. I was going to go to tango last night in Aspen, but I guess it was cancelled because of the World Series game, or nobody showed, or the teacher didn't show - whatever - it's like I said in an earlier post - this tango community is dead or dying. There is a teacher coming in from Buenos Aires in less than two weeks for a tango workshop - he's a personal friend - and no one - out of the three organizers in the area (including the primary organizer) - has even sent out a notice that he is coming to Aspen for a workshop. It's no wonder we have the same six people showing up for workshops - now it will be five. Oh well, I can't worry about it anymore...it's just a shame to see a tango community die because of apathy and inattention....onward and upward...here is the photo....
Painted Ojos

No comments: