Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Houston Tango Fest :: This Weekend!

See my comments below the photo...
Houston Tango Festival Jan 25-27, 2008

Do you hear that "great big sucking noise"? (Remember, Ross Perot made this phrase famous - about the federal deficit.) Anyway, it's the major suckage that I can't go to the Houston Tango Fest this weekend.

I cannot express with enough displeasure how much I wanted to go - the words I have in my head, on the tip of my tongue, were they to spill onto this virtual page - would not be words I would want my lady friends to hear me speak...write.

Except this one...

Gol-darnit!

Or maybe this one...

Dag-nabbit!

Yup, I am more of a "dag-nabbit" kinda guy.

The reason I can't go is that my life calls...my life as a capitalist...calling me to go make money...

Doesn't it just SUCK when "life" gets in the way of tango?

P.S. I do plan to dance this weekend...but just not in Houston...another time...another year...

P.P.S. I do have a handful of friends now in Houston...who I hope to see soon...have fun! I will be thinking of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard some Houston Tangueras plan to kidnap you.... Come on, Alex--we would love to have you! Be there at the beginning. We are 3fast hours away from your new home.

Mikas & HTF Team