Friday, September 5, 2008

A drink...

A drink...

This is a photo of mine from a camping/horseback riding trip to Moab last year. I drove and hiked to get this shot, then joined the group down at the crick. They were riding with an extra horse and I rode the last stretch in a narrow, narrow canyon. Our ride was stopped at a rockfall, a huge, house-sized boulder, wedged between the canyon walls. We sheltered from the sun underneath and drank piss-warm beers.

This spot is three hours from Aspen. I do miss that aspect of living there - being so close to some beautiful country.

2 comments:

Mtnhighmama said...

Gorgeous pic.

I lived for several years in Winter Park, and I miss it. I miss the first snowfall, and the quiet of mud season. I miss the staggering beauty, when it's hard to tell whether you can't breathe because of the majesty or the temperature. I miss how close knit the communities grow over the winter.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Alex! The color of the earth reminds me of Kenya.