Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another last minute gift idea :: Tango Calendar


Candice White's 2009 Theater of Dreams tango calendar is very nicely done. I should know, I have one hanging on my wall.

Like all fine art calendars, it's more photography than calendar. It's large format, 11" x 17", so the photos are large - roughly 8x10. Each month's calendar is in the lower right hand corner. It's spiral bound with a hanging thingamajigger on the top, so it hangs flat, and doesn't rip out the holes like so many other calendars. The paper is very nice quality glossy stock - you could conceivably cut out your favorite photos and frame them.

The photography is as good as it gets, all done in the studio, all in black and white with a few splashes of red for effect. Another very nice touch is that there are poems, or at least excerpts of poems, at the bottom of each page. The layout is nice, with text working in concert with the photo on each page.

Her models are all dancers in the Dallas tango community - and the calendar was photographed, and handcrafted with loving care in the great State of Texas. Ordering is through PayPal, and I think Candice ships them directly - so delivery should be pretty quick. She only runs a limited number, so they will be gone pretty quick...

Good god! I just read the January poem! Yowza! November is my page. My poem anyway. An excerpt of my poem "Silent Tango", which was my feeble attempt to capture an amazing dream I had. [Thanks for including that Candice...] But you have to buy the calendar to read it.

No comments: