Wednesday, December 24, 2008

felíz navidad de mi casa el suyo

feliz navidad de mi casa el suyo..Click here for a blowup of the snow globe...it had a built in fan and was actually blowing faux snow inside...

I babelfished the title, so forgive me if the español no es bueno, plus, I recognize that it's not the same to take a saying like "merry christmas from my house to yours" and translate literally into español. But it's the thought that counts, right?

Oh, and that's not actually my house. It's one I passed in Bastrop, Texas today, saw the snow globe, and doubled back a few blocks to get a photo.

Beyond the obvious religious connotations, this being the birth day of Jesus and all, for me, Christmas is about love, spending quality time with family and friends, eating too much good food and giving of your heart and soul. The capitalistic, materialistic, fantastic, overdone, overblown, over-important 'giving' [consuming] that Christmas has become is an abomination in my mind. I won't go there. Ya'll know how I feel about that stuff.

Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, et al, agnostic, and atheist alike, I hope this Christmas Eve [and Hannukah season] finds you and yours in the best of health, with love and light in your life, belly full, and plenty of good tango for all.

Felíz Navidad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And to you too, Alex.