Sunday, February 25, 2018

Buscandote :: Short Film by Juan Francisco Otaño

Looks like I sent the lyrics from my phone or ipad back in February of 2016 and never got the blog post built...


"BUSCANDOTE" un cortometraje de Juan Francisco Otaño from Francisco otaño on Vimeo.

Dedicado a todos los que buscan con fervor algo en la vida. y cuando se encuentran con ello todo sucede mágicamente.


Written by Lalo Scalise, recorded in 1941 Osvaldo Fresedo/Ricardo Ruiz...

Lyrics translation by Derrick del Pilar

Searching for You
lyrics by Eduardo Scalise

Wandering…
with the fatigue of my endless ambling,
the bitter sadness of being alone,
enormously anxious to arrive.

Perhaps you know…
that I have gone through life searching for you,
that I shattered my dreams without meaning to,
that I left them at some crossroads.

I sped up my steps,
in hopes of seeing you,
I strung together long roads,
I covered leagues and leagues.

After I have had a chance to rest
in your arms,
if you prefer I will leave again
by the road I took yesterday…


Buscandote

Vagar...
Con el cansancio de mi eterno andar,
Tristeza amarga de la soledad
Ansias enormes de llegar.
 
Sabrás...
Que por la vida fui buscándote,
Que mis ensueños sin querer vencí
Que en algún cruce los dejé.
 
Mi andar apresuré
Con la esperanza de encontrarte a ti,
Largos caminos hilvané
Leguas y leguas recorrí por ti.
 
Después que entre tus brazos
Pueda descansar,
Si lo prefieres volveré a marchar
Por mi camino de ayer.
 
Letra y música : Eduardo Scalise  (Eduardo Scalise Regard)
 
Grabado por la orquesta de Osvaldo Fresedo con la voz de Ricardo Ruiz.
 
 

Un cortometraje de Juan Francisco Otaño

No comments: