Friday, November 23, 2007

Tango::Fandango de Tango - Julio Balmaceda

By the way, the system says I posted my "Day 2" (the prior post) at 1:28am, it was actually 2:28...

It's not every day you get the opportunity to watch Julio Balmaceda (and another partner, not Corina) dance socially. A memory from last night came to me this morning - just now - so I have to write about it.

It's a technique thing I guess...a "cool move" memory... he stepped out on the close side in crossed feet (his left stepping to her left side) and did a very quick counter-clockwise pivot such that the follower's left leg "popped" (via a back volcada or back cross - backwards entry into the cross) into the cross...very cool...I will have to experiment with that one at the next practica...

Julio has a very nice, very unique style - very "turny" - and I noticed he almost never "just walks"...it was fun to watch he and Fabian Salas dance socially - Fabian dancing a more nuevo-esque style...

Sorry that I don't have anything more philosophical to offer...I think I remain under "the disastrous effects of 'work' on the human capacity of reflection" ... a nice post I found on the blog "Le Chemin du Tango" ...

No comments: