Monday, October 29, 2007

Viva la republica! (The Republic of Texas)

ALX_0865
ALX_0002
My splitting headache of the day subsided in Abilene, so I pushed on through on Friday night, pulling into Austin around 10:30pm. It ended up being around a sixteen hour drive on Friday - five hours on Thursday from Aspen to Trinidad, Colorado. Twenty or twenty-one hours total - nine hundred fifty miles.

I've been sleeping late, taking naps, going to bed early. The twenty hours on the road was good for my mind...good for my soul...long overdue and much needed re-booting. These past few days I have been hanging out and reconnecting with my older brother. We listen to 107.1 KGSR radio station almost continuously. Here is the link to the live stream: http://www.kgsr.com/Login.aspx?Destination=http://www.kgsr.com/stream/index.aspx. We walk/run around Town Lake...we talk about real estate and development in Austin...we talk about women...we talk about relationships...we talk about women some more...we eat bbq'd chicken in the backyard...and drink Miller Ponies...

I got some good tango last night...more later about my trip...my move...my transformation as a man...and tango...

It feels good to be back in Texas...

3 comments:

La Nuit Blanche said...

mmm... BBQ chicken! that sounds so good right about now... i think i'll order that from the corner resto, thanks for mentioning this, Texas Tango Man! :)

Anonymous said...

So happy you're reconnecting with your mojo. Looking forward to your tango inspirations.

Yanks4Life23519 said...

pretty pictures =)