Friday, December 21, 2007

Life :: Quotes from my journal

My Journals
It's a huge snow storm - a blizzard this morning. As such, I am working on a long post - "My Year in Review". The coming of Christmas and the New Year always puts me in a reflective mood. So, I will be recapping my year for the world to read about.

In the meantime, here are a few things that I wrote in my journal a few years ago - not my words - but quotes that I like...

"Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a single moment - the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all, who he is."
Jorge Luis Borges

I saw all the things I feared, and which feared me, had nothing good nor bad in them save insofar as the mind was affected by them.
Spinoza, Dutch Philosopher

There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as husband and wife - confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.
Homer

"Be good and you will be lonesome...be lonesome and you will be free...live a lie and you will live to regret it."
Mark Twain

1 comment:

tangobaby said...

I'm sure we'll look forward to reading about your reflections on your year. Stay warm and safe and enjoy your holiday.