Thursday, November 1, 2007

Alex's Deep Tango Thoughts::The Cross Footed walkout from the Cross

Continuing in the vein of things leaders do outside of the norm that prove difficult/tricky to lead...(it's not really difficult to lead, it's the resulting confusing from the follower that presents minor issues...)

I have been trying a new thing that feels floaty and nice. Instead of putting my right foot down when I lead the cross (right foot down and change weight) and then walking out in parallel system - like most of us do - I have been walking to the cross, then "not" changing my weight (to the right foot) - allowing a walk out in crossed system...which feels nice...

But...some followers are confused by this (more beginning followers)...I presume because they have never experienced it...and don't know (know like "knowing" vs. "knowledge") that this is within the realm of tango possibilities...

I am into cross footed variations these days...even doing the basic walk in crossed feet... smoothly switching from open side to close side...the nice thing about walking normally (or primarily) in crossed feet, is that so many things are right there, ready to be had...because you are already in crossed feet...

Anyway, leaders reading this should try it...it's a nice variation...

No comments: