Thursday, November 8, 2007

Deep Tango Thoughts::Tango Fantasies

I was just reading TangoCherie's post on Tango-L about having a busload of milongueros from BsAs travel across the U.S. stopping in the major tango communities...

It made me think about how we all have our tango dreams ... if not full blown fantasies...

One of mine is a copy of Robert Duvall's reality...I want to (someday) build a tango "barn" like he has ... and dance tango in the evenings with the love of my life ... I will dig out the clipping from my files and post it ... I even have a file full of "character imagery" for the barn and house ...

Leave a comment and share your own tango fantasy ...

8 comments:

La Nuit Blanche said...

my tango fantasy is to die dancing tango in the arms of a man i love.

Unknown said...

If I would win a lottery... (big grin), I would arrange bets teachers and dancers come to our milongas and teach/perform free for everybody. I would pay for everything. Ah, as Al Pachino said: "Vanity, my favorite sin"

Maria said...

I think for me is to spend months as a Tango Gipsy, with no worries, and getting much better than Sally Potter did at the Tango Lesson... ;)

Anonymous said...

In my tango fantasy, there would be a real sense of community and support for each other, regardless of style and music preferences. There would be greater respect for the lifelong process of learning tango, and less people becoming teachers after only taking 8 classes themselves. Dancers would stop doing show moves on a crowded floor. "Line of dance" would actually be observed. I would be able to have a deep connection to every single dance partner. I would stop stepping on myself.

A. said...

It is a real dream, I had in my sleep about a year ago. He was coming down the stairs of the Before&After restaurant, at Sunday milonga. Smiling and sunny, curly blond, blue eyes ... to dance all the night with me. Have you danced in your dream?

A. said...

It is a real dream, I had in my sleep about a year ago. He was coming down the stairs of the Before&After restaurant, at Sunday milonga. Smiling and sunny, curly blond, blue eyes ... to dance all the night with me. Have you danced in your dream?

Anonymous said...

to say all you want to say, exactly how you want to say it through tango. and to be understood totally through the tango. no words spoken.

tangobaby said...

I don't have a tango fantasy. It's my life fantasy that now includes a lot of tango.

I would travel and live all over the world, and in each place I would find places to tango and write...and make new friends. Sounds like La Tanguera's fantasy, a bit.