Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dreaming Redux

My project was rained out this morning so I was sleeping in. Have you ever woken up from a dream, a dream that was so good, that you wanted to go back to sleep and have it continue?

Well, I was able to do that this morning, three times. I slept in until about 10:00 am but woke up briefly three times from about 6:00 am until I finally woke up for good. Each time, I was able to continue the dream more or less where it left off. Hell, I don't know, maybe I was dreaming that I woke up, but I do remember the fuzzy haze of hearing the raindrops falling outside.

I don't know much about the dream state of the human mind, but I recall that dreams don't actually last as long as they seem in real time, that they are just a few fleeting seconds in time, if that. But after waking, I sure felt like I was dreaming for three or four hours. And the time span within the dream was also three or four hours.

I'm also feeling a mild "afterglow" from this particular dream. I won't go into the details, let's just suffice it to say that there were women in the dream.

I love sweet dreams.

No comments: