Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oh, and here's a strange one that just happened to me...

Night before last, in the wee hours of the morning, I'm poring over all of these old photos. I ran across a photo from three or four years ago - of a friend and her girlfriend at a Thanksgiving dinner party. So for three or four seconds, I looked at the two or three photos and reminisced.

At about 10:00 that morning, she called me out of the blue just to check in. I hadn't spoken to her in over a year. I told her that I was just thinking of her a few hours earlier, and that she must have gotten my message.

Woo...oooh....wooo...or however the Twilight Zone music goes...

This happens to me all the time.

Once I was walking along and the thought of a woman I hadn't seen in two years popped into my head. It was a "I almost forgot about her and I wonder what she's doing" thought. I kept walking, went around a corner, and there she was sitting at an outdoor cafe/bistro table.

Another time I was in a store, and the clerk working the cash register was once a laborer for me. He and the Australian woman I considered marrying (green card thing) worked as my "labor crew". He asked about her, I told him she was back in Australia, I walked out of the store and received an email (on my cell phone) from her.

Strange, but true.

No comments: