Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

A rose for the ladies...and much more...from me on Valentine's Day...a day of love...lost love...unrequited love...memories...sweet kisses...deep kisses...tangled tongues and lips...a tender caress...lips caressing soft skin...champagne and raspberries...bubble baths together...candles...sex in front of the fireplace...lovemaking on rooftops...medium rare filet mignon drizzled with buttery flaked salmon...bordeaux wine...sweetness...tenderness...chocolate...loving someone with a thousand hearts...a romantic tango with the love of your life...I hope you all have this...one little expression of love...
Valentine's Day...a rose...


The first time ever I saw your face...Roberta Flack








Mariana Felício
.JORGE BISPO







Say goodbye...Dave Matthews...



Dave Matthews Band - Say Goodbye Lyrics

So here we are tonight
You and me together
The storm outside, the fire is bright
And in your eyes I see
What's on my mind
You've got me wild
Turned around inside
And then desire, see, is creeping
Up heavy inside here
And know you feel the same way
I do now
Now let's make this an evening
Lovers for a night, lovers for tonight
Stay here with me, love, tonight
Just for an evening
When we make
Our passion pictures
You and me twist up
Secret creatures
And we'll stay here
Tomorrow go back to being friends

Go back to being friends
But tonight let's be lovers,
We kiss and sweat
We'll turn this better thing
To the best
Of all we can offer, Just a rogue kiss
Tangled tongues and lips,
See me this way
I'm turning and turning for you
Girl just tonight

Float away here with me
An evening just wait and see
But tomorrow go back to your man
I'm back to my world
And we're back to being friends
Wait and see me,
Tonight let's do this thing
All we are is wasting hours until the sun comes up it's all ours
On our way here
Tomorrow go back to being friends

Go back to being friends
Tonight let's be lovers, say you will
And hear me call, soft-spoken whispering love
A thing or two I have to say here
Tonight let's go all the way then
Love I'll see you,
Just for this evening
Let's strip down, trip out at this
One evening starts with a kiss
Run away

And tomorrow
back to being friends
Lovers...love...lovers
Just for tonight, one night...love you
And tomorrow say goodbye






[url=http://flic.kr/p/xj91K][img]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/125/354350347_eb7a40b3f9.jpg[/img][/url]







My funny valentine...Sammy Davis, Jr.







Reconsile
.Kevissimo







Killing me softly...The Fugees









.kk+







If you were a bluebird...Joe Ely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwo7q-TkPfs







Angel, a portrait
.Eolo Perfido







Every little thing about you...Raul Malo & The Mavericks








Cris
.JORGE BISPO








Tonight I Can Write by Pablo Neruda

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

Write, for example, 'The night is starry
and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance.'

The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

Through nights like this one I held her in my arms.
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her too.
How could one not have loved her great still eyes.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her.

To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.
And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.

What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
The night is starry and she is not with me.

This is all. In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.
My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

My sight tries to find her as though to bring her closer.
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me.

The same night whitening the same trees.
We, of that time, are no longer the same.

I no longer love her, that's certain, but how I loved her.
My voice tried to find the wind to touch her hearing.

Another's. She will be another's. As she was before my kisses.
Her voice, her bright body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, that's certain, but maybe I love her.
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

Because through nights like this one I held her in my arms
my soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

Though this be the last pain that she makes me suffer
and these the last verses that I write for her.






Shadow & Light





Over the rainbow...Eva Cassidy






DSC_0171_Crop





Come away with me...Norah Jones





At last...Etta James







Evening, March, 1983
.Marcelo Montecino






Malagueña...Jose Feliciano







Elvi
.lapigna






Light my fire...Jose Feliciano, Ricky Martin, Carlos Santana







Bizarre
.Franca Alejandra






I will always love you...Whitney Houston (in her prime)







la rossa mette le scarpe da tango
.Leone.






I'll be seeing you...Billie Holiday








di ritorno
.Leone.







Unforgettable...Nat King Cole







Love's divine...Seal







I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You
by Pablo Neruda

I do not love you except because I love you;
I go from loving to not loving you,
From waiting to not waiting for you
My heart moves from cold to fire.

I love you only because it's you the one I love;
I hate you deeply, and hating you
Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you
Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.

Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel
Ray, stealing my key to true calm.

In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood






La vie en rose....Edith Piaf






El tango de Roxanne...from the film Moulin Rouge






Ain't no sunshine...Bill Withers



fin....

2 comments:

studio wellspring said...

wow tango hottie ~ you sure know how to make swoons & swooons. what a sumptuous collection of music, images, sentiments.... hope you have a very amore valentine's!

tangobaby said...

You are such a romantic, Alex. It's a pleasure to know that there are men like you out in the world. I look forward to exploring your beautiful collection more fully later when I have the time to appreciate all that you have collected for us.

Happy Valentine's Day. This day was made for you.