Friday, April 4, 2008

Atlanta Tango Festival :: "Southern hospitality, dogwoods, azaleas and...Tango!"

newlogo

It's official. I didn't want to mention it until I was 100% sure that I would be going. I will be there tonight.

I would guess that there will be 250-350 dancers in attendance. I will check on the actuals. I would call it a milonguero festival - similar to the Denver Festivals - only smaller. Many of the teachers (all estilo milonguero) are also at Tom's Denver Festivals. I went last year for the first time - it was fun. I think this is the 3rd or 4th annual. Last year they called it the "Atlanta Tango Social". I liked that - social is a better word than festival - and it's fitting with stereotypical "southern hospitality".

To say I'm looking forward to it would be a huge understatement. I just want to dance. Dance and see friends - new Atlanta & Houston friends, and perhaps some old friends from Denver and Austin. Plus some vino tinto. Dance and see friends and drink some vino tinto.

Sounds like a plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have asked Angel to point you out to me. I have a bad foot and am limiting my tandas to those who are most 'foot-worthy' to borrow from Seinfeld's 'sponge-worthy' shtick.

Hasta pronto

AlexTangoFuego said...

hola nance...

I've been dancing with a woman who has (had) a broken toe for about a month...so I'm yer man!

I'm honored to protect your foot...

shutting down the computer this minute and heading out the door...

see ya'll tonight!

note to self...don't forget the vino tinto!

studio wellspring said...

so jealous & excited for you. please bring this up further in advance next year so those of us with southern roots & tango passions can join in the social mix. ;o)
enjoy your weekend with wild abandon!