Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Tao of Tango :: Johanna Siegmann

The Tao of Tango

I'm taking the liberty of plugging Johanna's book, "The Tao of Tango". Her blog, "Tangri-La", is very modest and non-descript in the promotion of her book. There is just one little tiny link.

I'm embarrassed to say that although I have known about her book for some time now, I only just now bought it. I have tried to special order it through bookstores in the past, but they never called me back, and I never called them back. It wasn't meant to be I supppose. Until now.

On Page 2 of the book, Johanna hit me with something very profound. I'm not going into the details of my personal stuff as it relates to the book, but suffice it to say that when a book hits you with something big on the second page...well, in the words of Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing".

I have read only the first few pages, but I like what I'm reading, and look forward to more. I'll keep you posted.

Books like this should be required reading for all tango dancers everywhere.

Wait a minute. There are no other books like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Alex. Really.

studio wellspring said...

wise writing and deeply moving too ~ i loved every minute of this book, and have actually read it twice since i got it last fall. johanna is a very special lady & i'm so grateful for her sharing her insights. it's been extremely helpful for me in tango and relationship insghts both.

La Nuit Blanche said...

this book is on permanent display on my desk. whoever comes over to my apartment picks it up.

unfortunately, most of my friends are non-tango dancers. i agree -- this book should ber equired reading in ALL tango studios.