Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bloggus Interruptus or Best of Fest :: Atlanta Tango Festival

I've written a couple of posts about my experience at the Atlanta Tango Fest. I have even written another "bloggus interruptus" post. Obviously, I haven't posted any of them.

I wrote a rant yesterday about a NY Times article "Big Tax Breaks for Businesses in Housing Bill", published it, and then pulled it a couple of hours later.

I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm reluctant to write the typical "festival review" post. I almost forgot about my "Thank You" post - but I didn't get into specifics in that one.

I'm reluctant, especially when everything about it was so good. I didn't have a single complaint, really. Sure, the A/C didn't work for about two hours the first night. This was Alex until Angel & Engineering got the bugs worked out. Sure, there were some floorcraft/nav issues, but I've come to believe this is the nature of the beast. Blogbitching about it isn't going to cure the problem.

Nearly all of my dances were good - I would even go so far as to say very good. I had a tanda with one woman practicing the ancient lost art of the Tibetan thumb guillotine. I looked at my left thumb and it was bright red. Another woman reminded me of carrying a 90lb sack of cement. I actually left early because my back was tweaked from that experience.

I also had one other negative dance - one of the ones where within the first few seconds of the first dance you already wish it was over. It was an energy thing. I didn't want to be in her energy.

As far as the positive ones, there were many. At past festivals, I might have one or two in ten good dances. So this Atlanta Fest was a huge breakthrough for me. Dozens of good/great dances, with really only three or four that I would not want to repeat.

So, without further adieu, here they are:

#1
Comfy blue velvet waltz...

#2
I thought of dancing tango with my sister, then it passed...thank god!*

#3
Memphis milonga...

#4
Happily ever after, for 1/2 of a song...
(badly, badly, screwed and mangled invite...)

#5
One song...
(another screwed invite where I was not keeping count of the songs in a tanda...)

#6
Tall, thin, beautiful, statuesque...cold...

#7
Open...and cold...
(the energy thing where I wanted it to end from the beginning...)

#8
A really good vals...

#9
Dancing bears...made me want to be a younger man...*

#10
Nothing memorable to report...

#11
Thall shalt not covet thy new friend's partner...*

#12
Horizontally desireable, vertically challenging...

#13
She smelled like honey, and danced like a butterfly...superb connection...*
(careful with this one Alex, she has an open and available heart...careful my friend...)

#14
She trembles in my embrace...*

#15
Skin tight red velvet pants...*
(still flashbacking on this one...)

#16
Out of my league...*

#17
"mm", or "I'm glad I put my shoes back on..."*

#18
Best of fest...*



There were more, obviously, but these were the most memorable - all good, fantastic dances, sublime connections. There were four or five with really sublime connections - marked with an asterisk (*) above. Really, really, really sublime. There were also bunches and bunches of women that I didn't get to dance with, sadly.

Mrs. Best of Fest, was, unfortunately, "Mrs.". I don't think her husband was there. I never saw her with anyone. She has only been dancing 10 months, but felt like she has been dancing 10 years. In a class, I cheated in the leader rotation so I could end up with her. She was tall - 5'-8" or 5-9". Geometrically, architecturally, we fit like a glove. Her natural breasts nestled perfectly into my chest. I don't think she wore a bra, which made for a nice comfy sensation.

I wish I could find the words to describe the connection with her. I don't have the words, nor the writing ability to describe it. It would be pretty close to holding someone you are in love with who you haven't seen in a long time. It was also nice have a mutual expression of that sublime connection in between songs. There wasn't a lot said, but it was a mutual understanding. She knew I was in heaven. I knew she was in heaven. We didn't want to let go between songs.

I didn't catch her name.

No comments: