Sunday, April 27, 2008

Iron Man by Black Sabbath



A little known factoid about myself. I didn't even know it myself because it was buried so deeply in the primordial sludge in the back of my brain.

I attended beaucoup's of live concerts - Black Sabbath, Black Oak Arkansas, Foghat, Savoy Brown, ZZ Top, Jackson Browne, Larry Raspberry and the Highsteppers, Deep Purple and others I can't dredge up - way back when - all before ripe old age of 14.

Back in the days of Acid Rock.

Me and my buds would roll up our sleeping bags, strap them on to the backs of our ten speed bikes, ride the 20 miles or so to Jackson, Mississippi, and go to these concerts under the guise of "camping out". You might call it parental "disinformation". We would sleep on the ground, roll up the next morning and make the bike ride home. No harm, no foul. I don't think my Mom knows to this day that I did stuff like that.

It's a good thing I was a good kid.

No comments: